Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New Shed

On Tue, 16 May 2017 05:16:46 -0700 (PDT), TimR
wrote:

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 12:43:27 AM UTC-4, Kate wrote:
I have not talked to the guy who will build this small shed for me yet, but does a 7’ pointed roof sound around right? I want to be able to stand up in it, and yet
make the shed looked balanced.

Again, thanks!

Kate

7 foot at the top will look balanced but you won't be able to stand up. 7 foot at the walls would be okay.

My neighbor built a small shed, maybe 6x6, with a tall roof, probably 10 feet. It looked funny to me, but he explained he copied a colonial smokehouse and it was actually historically correct. Once explained it looked okay.

My sged is 10X10X 8 ft high with a 15X15 roof skewed to give 4 ft
overhang on 2 sides. This was to provide cover over the entrance,
allow hanging a 15 foot canoe under roof along one side, and provide
storage room in the "loft" The roof is about 5 feet high from eaves to
peak. Looks a bit funny, but hides behind the garage somewhat.