Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default WD-40 to clean electric contacts?

In article , says...

On 5/15/2017 6:15 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
At this time, nobody seems to have found a copy of the
original article or know the real ingredients.

So, in other words, this has all the markings of a typical
Usenet bull**** story that has taken on a life of it's own.

Kroil works and using WD-40 is about as useful as ****ing
on it.

When I was working I used Kroil by the case. Well, probably averaged 3
or 4 cans a week. Works well for many things. I have even used it on
some 150 watt mercury vapor lights. They almost unscrew theirselves.

I use something called Ed's Red, a mix of ATF, Acetone, stotards
solvent, and kerosene. It is a cleaner for guns that works well. One of
these days I am going to have to give it a try for rusted bolts to
compair it with the Kroil.