Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Unpotting a transformer

On Mon, 15 May 2017 13:18:02 GMT, justme
wrote:

replying to RoyJ, justme wrote:
RoyJ, I know that it's been almost a decade since this project started, but
could you please confirm if getting the black goo out makes the transformer
reusable? I have one and would like to rewind it, but would like to know if it
worth the trouble before breaking it apart...

Unless the transformer is utterly positively unique and another one
cannot be modified and installed..or simply new holes drilled and a
new transformer installed...there is absolutely no reason to repot
one. Not unless you are trying to restore a 1901 Bramford 10 three
sided spoke shave with optional threading, back to exactly original
condition.

---