Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default N. Cook

"If an item is repaired without the estimate being approved, the customer doesn't have to pay for it. I'm only aware of double or treble damages being awarded to the customer in small claims court cases in the event of fraud, but laws vary state by state. "

another thing not to take lying down is when it i s taking too long and they want their unit back now, unrepaired. I ttell them, OK pay the bill. But it isn't fixed. Well I got parts on order for it that I can't cancel and when you OKed that estimate you entered into a contract to pay that amount. Call your lawyer.

Not my softie ex-boss though. He must come from a different world or something. Know what one SOB did ? Well, it was a big shop and we misplaced a TV. Customer was of course not happy and sued. Well we found the TV and called the customer, who said he was going to drop the suit, so there was no need to go. Then the SOB gets a default judgement because nobody from our side showed up. Is that not fraud
?

People are out to get whatever they can by any means possible.