Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default WD-40 to clean electric contacts?

" wrote:
On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 3:07:58 AM UTC-4, Ian Jackson wrote:

Indeed. WD40 never sets 'hard'..
--
Ian

WD-40 does not set "hard". However, it redistributes all the hardened
grease into a thin layer throughout the sprayed area that, indeed *DOES*
set hard once the volatiles dissipate. Unless thoroughly rinsed away.

WD-40 is wonderful stuff if properly used and well understood.

Too damned bad that, although some here appear to have this in hand, such
basic knowledge seems to be scarce in one small corner, under one small
rock deep in the Antipodes.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

How long have I used it on stuff? I keep wondering, at least over 40 years.
I know in the 60s I had some electronic cleaner that really melted some
plastics good.

Greg