Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default N. Cook

On 5/13/2017 6:05 PM, wrote:
"**Yup. I had a guy who brought in an NAD amp for service. It was
duly

fixed. He brought it back 2 weeks later for an almost identical
repair. I was surprised, so I checked my records and noted that the
serial numbers failed to match. Arsehole. "

I know I said I almost never call the police, I lock and load, but in
this case I would have called the law and had him charged with fraud.

People think Trump U committed fraud but if that's the case all
colleges do it, especially liberal arts, art history and all that.
And making you take all kinds of irrelevant courses for **** you'll
never use. Trumpp gioving the money back was just good public
relations, they would have never made it stick because the "elements
of the crime" simply were not there. There is enough to criticize him
about without making **** up. Every college in this country should be
sued. Look for a video called "The College Conspiracy".

Uh, didn't Trump settle that issue? I believe there were a number of
lawsuits and the state of New York was pursuing him. "Trump had
publicly vowed not to settle the lawsuits", but he did. I think it is
pretty clear his university was a crock.

If there was no case there was no reason to settle the suit. Legal
costs would be a fraction of the $25 million paid out. Trump would not
have been bothered any more than he was in running the University which
he didn't do. It couldn't have possibly looked any worse for him than
the multitude of crap he has pulled since being in office. But then I
guess he couldn't see that since he thinks everyone is overreacting to
the anti-constitutional acts he has made.

Why is it that when it is discovered that Trump is doing something wrong
the common response is to say "Johny is doing it too!" Let's just talk
about Trump.

But when they pull that **** it is out and out fraud.

Either that or I would just keep the unit and say I don't have it.
"Look, this is the serial number of your unit, if you can find a unit
with that serial number on it in this shop it is yours". In fact I
would write a ticket for the unit with the "new" serial number and
put someone's name on it I knew and tell them what is going on.

And when the crook shows up tell him "Go ahead and call the law MF"

As someone has already pointed out, that makes YOU the con artist.

--

Rick C