Posted to alt.home.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default Solar Roof Read reply Solar is joke

On 5/13/2017 2:43 PM, Diesel wrote:

You and mike Acknowledged no such thing. Unless I missed a post, you
both claimed that without the grid, no power would be available.

I don't recall ever saying that.

brought up the battery bank. Not either of you. Further, you both
seem to be of the mistaken impression it won't run without the grid
being 'hot'

I don't recall saying that either. I might have suggested that,
without an active grid connection, you have nowhere to sell your excess
daytime power, making a bad economic situation worse.

for safety, but, that's obviously NOT true either. It
will. And, it won't backfeed onto the grid if the grid is down,
either. It has an interlock to prevent that, same as a generator.

I maintain that rooftop solar doesn't make economic sense for
anybody with access to the grid. And it won't ever be able to
make a dent in global warming without a major breakthrough in
storage.
Subsidizing rooftop solar just makes me pay part of your expenses.
We'd be much better off subsidizing the creation of biofuel from
protesters and getting on with nuclear.