Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Windows 10 updates on 'unsupported' hardware

On 05/12/2017 05:29 AM, Diesel wrote:
philo news May 2017 02:30:11 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

If you want to call it a hobby fine , but I got a lot of repeat
business from people who had previously taken their machines to
the so -called professionals.

Well, what else would you have called it? It was a side gig for you
right? Your 'real' job was doing something else, entirely. I meant no
disrespect with my comment, btw. I have no personal issues of any
kind with you, so I'm not trying to be disrespectful towards you.
Apologies if I seem to be coming across that way, though.

FWIW: During the years I did the volunteer work at the NPO I was
an authorized Microsoft refurbisher...so all the machines I loaded
Windows on were done legally.

Nice.

I am great on the H?W end but a friend had a serious problem with
Photoshop the other day so I referred him to my wife.

A smart individual knows when to refer things to someone who
specializes in the software that has an issue. There's so much
frakking software 'out there' it's impossible to be a master of it
all. Who has that many lifetimes, right?

Had I been there in person I probably would have figured it
out...as it ended up being a bad mouse!

I have no doubt in your abilities as a hardware person, truth be
told. Many techs I know irl are hardware junkies themselves. They
won't touch the coding aspects with a barge pole, though.

I did not mean to downplay computer work and as far as writing
code, truth is , I'm not smart enough for that.

No worries. And, I think you might not be giving yourself enough
credit. I could be wrong, and, it's just my opinion, but, I believe
almost anyone could turn into a great coder if they wanted to spend
the time and effort learning. If you lack patience, it *will* teach
you patience. [g] And the rewards for it are impossible for me to put
into words that would make sense. I'd also advise those who do learn
to become great coders, not abuse their knowledge as I did at one
point in my life. You will regret it, that I know from personal first
hand experience.

Very good then