Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Totally OT Drive By!

On 5/13/17 12:07 PM, Leon wrote:
On 5/13/2017 11:54 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
" wrote in
:

You guys are reading something into this that isn't there. Leon
is the kind of guys credit card companies hate. The price match
program isn't for him, and they resent the fact that he uses it.
I did a stint working for a bank working on all types of
residential construction loans so I was required to take all
kinds of classes on credit vehicles and applications. Seriously,
the term in the industry for brother Leon is a "deadbeat" because
the make NO money from him. No interest, no annual fees, no cash
advance interest, no transfer fees, nothing. Worse, they have to
pay him under the agreement with the card of reference! Hence,
since theypay money out without receiving anything from him,
"deadbeat".

What about the merchant fees? Every time he uses his card, they
get a small piece of the pie. It seems the average rate is 3%.

One more thought: Leon's happy, he's talking about his card.
Others are saying "I'd like to get me some of that action."
There's no guarantee they'll be "deadbeat" customers as well.
Happy Leon=more sales. (I won't even mention the F-word.)

Puckdropper

That is the way I see it. You should see how much I received in
credits from the GM credit card program when I bought a truck and a
vehicle for my son, way back in 1997 and 2005. That card offered 5%
credit on every purchase towards the purchase of a GM vehicle.
$5K+

My friend did that with a Ford card in the early 90s and ended up
getting about $8k off a new car (after all bargaining and other
discounts). Ford soon after added a cap to the discount.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--