Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default N. Cook

On 14/05/2017 9:52 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, 13 May 2017 23:05:55 UTC+1, wrote:

"**Yup. I had a guy who brought in an NAD amp for service. It was
duly

fixed. He brought it back 2 weeks later for an almost identical
repair. I was surprised, so I checked my records and noted that the
serial numbers failed to match. Arsehole. "

I know I said I almost never call the police, I lock and load, but
in this case I would have called the law and had him charged with
fraud.

People think Trump U committed fraud but if that's the case all
colleges do it, especially liberal arts, art history and all that.
And making you take all kinds of irrelevant courses for **** you'll
never use. Trumpp gioving the money back was just good public
relations, they would have never made it stick because the
"elements of the crime" simply were not there. There is enough to
criticize him about without making **** up. Every college in this
country should be sued. Look for a video called "The College
Conspiracy".

But when they pull that **** it is out and out fraud.

Either that or I would just keep the unit and say I don't have it.
"Look, this is the serial number of your unit, if you can find a
unit with that serial number on it in this shop it is yours". In
fact I would write a ticket for the unit with the "new" serial
number and put someone's name on it I knew and tell them what is
going on.

And when the crook shows up tell him "Go ahead and call the law
MF"

Then you lose the customer. Sometimes that's ok, sometimes not. I'd
either return it and say it's not the unit repaired, they must have
picked up the wrong one by mistake.

**Which is precisely my approach. I knew and I am certain the customer
knew what he was doing. I simply provided a way he could avoid being
labelled a criminal. That way I could continue to do business with him.

Or repair it and not hand it over
until the repair bill was paid.

**That is a given, unless the client is a very good one.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au