Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default N. Cook

On Saturday, 13 May 2017 23:05:55 UTC+1, wrote:

"**Yup. I had a guy who brought in an NAD amp for service. It was duly

fixed. He brought it back 2 weeks later for an almost identical repair.
I was surprised, so I checked my records and noted that the serial
numbers failed to match. Arsehole. "

I know I said I almost never call the police, I lock and load, but in this case I would have called the law and had him charged with fraud.

People think Trump U committed fraud but if that's the case all colleges do it, especially liberal arts, art history and all that. And making you take all kinds of irrelevant courses for **** you'll never use. Trumpp gioving the money back was just good public relations, they would have never made it stick because the "elements of the crime" simply were not there. There is enough to criticize him about without making **** up. Every college in this country should be sued. Look for a video called "The College Conspiracy".

But when they pull that **** it is out and out fraud.

Either that or I would just keep the unit and say I don't have it. "Look, this is the serial number of your unit, if you can find a unit with that serial number on it in this shop it is yours". In fact I would write a ticket for the unit with the "new" serial number and put someone's name on it I knew and tell them what is going on.

And when the crook shows up tell him "Go ahead and call the law MF"

Then you lose the customer. Sometimes that's ok, sometimes not. I'd either return it and say it's not the unit repaired, they must have picked up the wrong one by mistake. Or repair it and not hand it over until the repair bill was paid.

NT