Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Totally OT Drive By!

On 5/13/2017 11:54 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
" wrote in
:

You guys are reading something into this that isn't there. Leon is the
kind of guys credit card companies hate. The price match program
isn't for him, and they resent the fact that he uses it. I did a
stint working for a bank working on all types of residential
construction loans so I was required to take all kinds of classes on
credit vehicles and applications. Seriously, the term in the industry
for brother Leon is a "deadbeat" because the make NO money from him.
No interest, no annual fees, no cash advance interest, no transfer
fees, nothing. Worse, they have to pay him under the agreement with
the card of reference! Hence, since theypay money out without
receiving anything from him, "deadbeat".

What about the merchant fees? Every time he uses his card, they get a
small piece of the pie. It seems the average rate is 3%.

One more thought: Leon's happy, he's talking about his card. Others are
saying "I'd like to get me some of that action." There's no guarantee
they'll be "deadbeat" customers as well. Happy Leon=more sales. (I
won't even mention the F-word.)

Puckdropper

That is the way I see it. You should see how much I received in credits
from the GM credit card program when I bought a truck and a vehicle for
my son, way back in 1997 and 2005. That card offered 5% credit on every
purchase towards the purchase of a GM vehicle. $5K+