Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Totally OT Drive By!

On 5/12/2017 2:50 PM, Lap Joint wrote:
In article
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 5/12/2017 9:15 AM, Jack wrote:
On 5/12/2017 9:37 AM, Leon wrote:
So a few months ago we were discussing credit cards and I mentioned that
my credit card paid me 2% cash back on every thing I purchase.
I also commented about an included feature that offered price protection
for 60 days. You basically send in a copy of an ad of a cheaper price
and they credit your account for the same difference in 60 days.

In early March I bought an in dash Pioneer GPS radio from and had it
installed by Best Buy. I also bought a back up camera that integrates
with the unit. Best buy sells the unit for less than the suggested $900
retail price, IIRC about $724. I brought in a screen image of an Amazon
price for the same unit and was able to purchase the unit for about
$665. Sweet.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...n/AVIC-6200NEX

There were several lower prices on Amazon but Best Buy would not price
match because others on Amazon were offing the unit, these were not
fulfilled and shipped by Amazon. Any way I sent a screen image, of the
lower Amazon prices, to my credit card company and they price matched.
Within a week I had a $62 credit for the lower price that I found.
Sweeeter.

On the last day of the 60 day limit, to finding a lower price, my credit
card company sent me an e-mail indicating that "they" found an even
cheaper price for for the unit I bought. I had totally forgotten about
this purchase and the possibility of getting a further credit.

WOW! This morning the credit showed up I got an additional $485 credit,
effectively making my cost for this unit about $120. Suggested retail
is $900. V E R Y S W E E T ! ! ! !

Did they happen to mention where they price matched a $900 unit for $120?

Jet.com And actually they were around $182. I had already gotten a
credit for the $62 for the price difference between Best Buys price and
the Amazon Price.

according to JET.COM customer service (855)538-4323 USD$596 is the lowest price
they ever had for the pioneer avic-6200nex
https://jet.com/search?term=AVIC-6200NEX

Well, CitiCards found the price, I got a $485 credit, I'm not going to
argue with that.

best buy has not carried that model number for over a year, the sales rep looked it up.

Regardless, I bought that model on March 5, 2017. They did have to
order it, 3 days wait.