Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Postal Service, Citing Losses, Seeks Higher Stamp Prices

rbowman
Sat, 13 May 2017 01:14:25 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On 05/12/2017 09:46 AM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
The solution is put the squeeze on Amazon. Amazon's getting a
$100 bucks a year from all of their Prime members for two-day
shipping. The USPS needs a bigger piece of the action there, not
from the taxpayers.

The USPS has obstacles. I don't know how much of a moneymaker it
was but the USPS worked closely with Netflix to expedite the DVD
deliveries. I happened to catch the woman unloading the driveup
mailboxes at the PO tonight and got out of the car to toss my DVD
into her bin. It wasn't the only red mailer in there.

Then Mom & Pop's Video Rental bitched because they weren't getting
expedited service for their trickle of DVDs. Snail mail
neutrality, so to speak. That ended the expedited service.

Amazon, otoh, can negotiate with UPS although they do use USPS for
some items. Also, while it's difficult to sort out the balance
sheet, Amazon isn't netting a lot of money out of Prime.

Especially when they'll let you cancel it with ease, during your trial.
Even a few days after your trial officially ends. Pleasant customer
service.