Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default Easy-Post fence post spike

Bill Wright wrote:
On 12/05/2017 13:38, Adam Funk wrote:
I used two of these last weekend. I can't find an image online of the
exact model I used, but it has two vertical slits on opposite corners
(looking down on it) with a bolt & nut to tighten each slit.

I bought two of them for 75x75 mm posts, & two posts of the matching
size. Are they supposed to make an "interference fit" with the bolts
loose? I had to shave a bit off all 4 sides of one end of each post
just to get the post started in the top of the spike (then I used a
block of wood & a sledgehammer to get it the rest of the way in).

The posts vary a bit. I think they make the spikes a bit small to suit
all sizes.

Bill

???