Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Postal Service, Citing Losses, Seeks Higher Stamp Prices

On 05/12/2017 06:29 PM, Diesel wrote:
Gordon Shumway
Fri, 12 May 2017
15:46:00 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

[snip]

The solution is put the squeeze on Amazon. Amazon's getting a $100
bucks a year from all of their Prime members for two-day shipping.
The USPS needs a bigger piece of the action there, not from the
taxpayers.

That's not all you get with the prime account. If you buy a movie
and/or audio cd, you get to watch/listen to the tracks while you wait
for the physical item in the mail. Prime is actually a cool thing, if
yo do alot of business with amazon. Savings on shipping can more than
offset the cost of prime. Especially if you buy big, bulky, heavy
items.

Amazon has me spoiled. I recently ordered a dozen arrow shafts, some
feather, nocks, and points. S&H was $15 on a $75 order. Unfortunately
Amazon doesn't have much in the way of traditional archery supplies.