Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default what's wrong with our potatoes?

In message , Martin Brown
writes
On 12/05/2017 17:10, Davey wrote:
On Fri, 12 May 2017 15:05:00 +0100
Stuart Noble wrote:

I'm old enough to remember the joy of new potatoes, Jersey Royals,
Cyprus new, or whatever. Now everything tastes of ****, whether it's
from Waitrose or the farmers' market. The only decent tasting spuds
are frozen mash or McCain's Simply Gorgeous chips. I've grown the
most delicious crop in builders buckets outside my back door, so
what's so bloody difficult?
And don't get me started about apples......

The one that I can never find tasting any good now is the radish. When

They are dead easy to grow. Clear a bit of ground and put the seed in.

Water in and wait a while. More appropriate to urg but sort of DIY.

Hmm.. excellent slug/snail food. Not sure which group that fits.

I were little, they had a lovely 'bite', now they taste of nothing.
We find McCain's chips to be very good, certainly much better than the
local chippy's.

Find a better less local chippy then!

--
Tim Lamb