Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default is there a bigger piece of **** than an I-phone?

Muddymike wrote:
On 12/05/2017 15:51, dennis@home wrote:
On 11/05/2017 23:45, tony sayer wrote:

Motorola Moto G series.

Its a blokes phone not like those girly iphones that break the screen
when you put any pressure on them.

Had a bloke in the other day came from out Sudbury way, mobile iphone
screen repair services. Only seems he does iphones ...

£100 odd quid a go. You can buy a new Motorola for that sort of money..

I think I must have dropped my bosses iPhone and his kids iPlayer into a
repair shop at least five or six times in the last three years.
They do appear to break very easily but that may be the fashion for not
having a decent case on them.

I manage a mobile phone contract that includes 12 iPhones. We are now on
the fourth generation, so that's 48 units over 7 years. In that time
only four have needed repair including my own iPhone 5s that I drove my
car over after it slipped from my pocket on getting in. Interestingly
despite components hanging out of the back it still worked!
Two were due to them falling from users breast pockets into the toilet.
One after the user (our MD) got soaking wet at an outdoor concert with
phone in pocket.

I doubt that the iPhone knockers will believe you though. I've had several
iPhones and they've all proved to be pretty robust and have coped with a
lot of damp conditions too.

When repairs have been needed I've always managed to DIY them and they've
been cheap to repair. They are bl**dy expensive though and I've just
switched to an android phone. Regretting it already.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls