Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Postal Service, Citing Losses, Seeks Higher Stamp Prices

On 5/12/2017 11:46 AM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Thu, 11 May 2017 21:37:52 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 5/11/2017 6:55 PM, bob haller wrote:

Postal Service, Citing Losses, Seeks Higher Stamp Prices

The U.S. Postal Service is hoping it can soon raise stamp prices by a penny or more.

An independent agency, the postal service does not use taxpayer money for its operations.

congreess forces post office to do dumb things. like saturday delivery....

major cost cuts are necessary. but congress prevents them

What about Sunday deliveries for Amazon Prime?

The solution is put the squeeze on Amazon. Amazon's getting a $100 bucks a year from all of their Prime
members for two-day shipping. The USPS needs a bigger piece of the action there, not from the taxpayers.

IMO, the post office is a pretty good deal for what you pay. I'm often
amazed at the service such as a package from CA to CT in two or three
days for $3.50.

You think Amazon Prime effects what USPS charges Amazon? I don't.

Back when I started consulting over 20 years ago my postage bill
averaged $30/month. Today it is around 50 cents or the price of one
stamp for client that wants paper invoice. Otherwise everything goes
through email.

Post office thrives on junk mail. With stuff coming loose sometimes it
is hard to find the real mail amongst it. They should charge the junk
mailers more and also further slim down as mail service is supplanted in
large part by electronic media.