Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default what's wrong with our potatoes?

On Friday, 12 May 2017 16:44:30 UTC+1, Martin Brown wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-33200388

It isn't surprising that supermarket varieties largely chosen for
maximum yield, uniform size, robust handling thick skins and incredibly
long shelf life don't taste particularly good.

I don;t eat many apples but I'm pretty sure my mum that did used to say the goldern delicious had no taste and they came from France.

If there's anyone that knows about apples maybe they can give their top 5 and where they are grown.