Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Foxs Mercantile Foxs Mercantile is offline

Default N. Cook

On 5/11/2017 9:31 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
Foxs Mercantile wrote:

-----------------------

Phil Allison wrote:

** Plus recent repair work is generally visible.

If it's done right, it shouldn't be.

** I've only come across this piece of asinine garbage once
before - and the guy who said it was a total idiot.

Taking a cue from the master of invective,
"Hey Phil, I hope you get bone cancer and die."

I've seen too many previous repairs with broken terminals or
tube socket pins, burnt wiring harnesses bad soldering and
other completely crap examples of workmanship.

Or on newer stuff, lifted pads and burn marks on PC boards
and excess flux and solder blobs.

Like the Hippocratic Oath, "Do no harm." There's no excuse for
leaving a trail of destruction in the wake of a repair.

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi

---