Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default is there a bigger piece of **** than an I-phone?

On 11/05/2017 23:45, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Graeme
scribeth thus

(Tangent) Given that I'm not an Apple fan, which reasonably priced
alternative does most/all of the above?

Motorola Moto G series.

+1

Although my original G3 bricked itself just before the end of the years
warrantee I got a replacement G4 that has lasted a couple of years now
as a replacement (G3 no longer available when mine failed).

My decision was actually based on raw battery life which if you have
frugal settings can be nearly a week between charges. These days I have
various apps that run continuously and still get three days or so.

I gather the G5 isn't quite as well made as earlier models.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/motoro...verdict-page-4

Its a blokes phone not like those girly iphones that break the screen
when you put any pressure on them.

My G4 has survived dropping a few times and has a chip on the gorilla
glass to prove it. I had to grind the sharps off but it was fine.

Had a bloke in the other day came from out Sudbury way, mobile iphone
screen repair services. Only seems he does iphones ...

£100 odd quid a go. You can buy a new Motorola for that sort of money..

Indeed and it is a damn good phone for the price.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown