Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default is there a bigger piece of **** than an I-phone?

Graeme wrote:

I'm assuming 3G is still perfectly adequate for most everyday needs

Three or four years ago, I was an early adopter of a 4G phone, coverage
was patchy, but when you got coverage there were very few users and it
was possible to get speeds up to 35Mbps.

Now 4G coverage has improved, but the number of users has also increased
and I find HSPA+ and LTE signals can end up giving similar speeds of
around 10Mbps ... which are still plenty for the most things I do on a
smartphone