Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default is there a bigger piece of **** than an I-phone?

In article , Graeme
scribeth thus
In message ,
Muddymike writes
I must add that I m a fan of the iPhone is a brilliant business tool.
I'm on my third. It not only makes calls but can make them for free to
anywhere in the world using the stupidly named "Facetime Voice"

It allows me to handle email anywhere.
Fingerprint recognition means no PIN to remember.
I can read my Dropbox documents anywhere.
I can listen to my favourite Radio 4 shows when I want to.
It will direct me when I'm lost. (it was fantastic when walking around
a strange part of London last week.
I can check what's on TV and watch it if I want to.
Its my Dash cam.
I can order things I need as soon as I realise I need it.
It's a calculator.
Its a very good camera for basic photography and video.
It will give me a weather forecast.
Siri Understands me almost word perfect and is much quicker and more
accurate than my typing.

(Tangent) Given that I'm not an Apple fan, which reasonably priced
alternative does most/all of the above?

Motorola Moto G series.

Its a blokes phone not like those girly iphones that break the screen
when you put any pressure on them.

Had a bloke in the other day came from out Sudbury way, mobile iphone
screen repair services. Only seems he does iphones ...

£100 odd quid a go. You can buy a new Motorola for that sort of money..

--
Tony Sayer