Buck Wheat

Default Lawn Mower Idle Oscillates

Well, I did see a hole up in the center above the float and put a
cue-tip up it, I have not seen as of yet a hole at 45 degrees...but I
am working with a mirror, so I guess I'll just remove the carb, which
looks like it was put on with liquid gasket (crap) so I guess I'll
have to cut one or buy a new one, I'll take a digital picture of the
linkage before removing.

What do I clean the removed carb with? Should I just get a "rebuilt"
equivalent carb or just clean the thing with carb cleaner (already
done while mounted?) I'm just a little afraid of ****ing the whole
thing up by messing with the jets/screws...maybe I just use the "1.5
turn from tight" rule...funny I just heard my neighbor crank up his
mower...does the exact same thing.

I'm learning ASAP, thanks.

(Chip Stein) wrote in message . com...
here's the answer again. i used to work on a couple hundred of these a
year.
a spring won't fix it. you have junk in the carb. the idle
feed
passage is clogged causing it to try and run off the main fuel
circuit. pull the bowl and clean thoroughly. up in the center of the
carb tube is a asmall passage running at a 45 degree angle towards the
top. this is where the restriction is. there are also 3 holes in the
lower bowl jet, one small one in between the 2 threaded areas. make
sure to get that one.
good luck
Chip