Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default (OT) Vacuum Cleaner Identification for Bags

On Wed, 10 May 2017 12:46:31 -0700, (Dave
Platt) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

In my case, the price was right.....

The bags are paper, and have a rubber type seal around the opening. So I
need some new bags. However I can not find any model number on it
anywhere. The old bag says "Electrolux" but dont have any sort of part
number on it either.

There are no vacuum cleaner stores in the area, so I am stuck with
getting bags at Walmart (if they have them), or on Ebay.

Does anyone know anything about buying bags for these vacuums, and know
how to order them? Do I order them by size, or just give the name of the
machine, since I do not have the model number?????

I have a strong suspicion that all the older Electrolux horizontal
canister vacuum cleaners uses the same size of bag. Electrolux seems
to have chosen to stick with a proven design for many, many years of
manufacture.

I've had one of these for over 20 years (and it was a refurb when I
bought it). I've always just grabbed packets of bags marked "for
Electrolux" at whatever big-box store or supermarket I happened to be
in, when I realized I needed some. Never had a mis-fit.

https://evacuumstore.com/c-3-electro...cuum-bags.aspx

It looks to me as if they have what you want... likely the "Type C"
filter bags. "The 25 pack of 4 Ply Generic filter paper Aerus
Electrolux Style C Canister Paper Bags fits all canisters from 1952 to
2008 except Oxygen, Guardian, and Renaissance models." They look just
like what mine uses.

Thanks,

Those do look like the right ones and after doing some more reading on
the web, it appers that what you said is true. Looks like all the
Electrolux canister vacs use that Type C bag, except those you noted.
Mine is the Silverado (and I thought that was a Chevy Truck).

Also, looking at a very detailed ad on Ebay to sell one of these vacuum
cleaners, it appears this is the model 1505. That ad has about 25
pictures and they are all identical to my vac.

Kind of sounds like these are very well made vacs that last forever. I'm
glad I could save mine from the landfill. Especially since it works
perfectly. Sometimes it amazes me what people throw away.