Posted to alt.home.repair
Meanie[_6_] Meanie[_6_] is offline

Default Orangeburg pressurized water pipe

On 5/10/2017 11:52 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 11:44:35 AM UTC-4, Meanie wrote:
On 5/10/2017 11:32 AM, Mr.E wrote:
On Wed, 10 May 2017 12:14:02 GMT, Joe Kauffman
m wrote:

I own a 40 year old home in AZ that has an Orangeburg pipe teed off the
mainline to a faucet. The pipe is leaking under the driveway but I've managed
to dig it up and exposed about 3 feet. I'm trying to figure out the best way
to cap the line, I'll worry about supply to the faucet later.

If it only feeds a faucet, you may be able to slide 1/2 or 3/8 pex
inside the existing pipe.

Agreed. If it's a single line, you can cut each side of the leak and put
a pex connection on it. Otherwise, three feet is also enough room to cut
out the leak and solder a new pipe in place.

How does one put a PEX connection on orangeburg pipe? Soldering it
must be even more interesting.

Correct. I completely ignored the part he said Orangeburg. Forget what I
said.