Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default WD-40 to clean electric contacts?

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017 at 7:11:25 PM UTC-7, Phil Allison wrote:
whit3rd wrote:

[about Caig]
Their marketing looks like snake oil ... to the best of my knowledge,
none of their competition is any better.

** WD 40 does a better and far quicker job, plus penetrates crevices
way better. I have some Caig D100L and it is near useless.

Sure, the D100L (red stuff) is a 'cleaner' which dissolves gunk.

** No it is gunk, a mix of snake oil and bull****.

The DeoxIT S series is their current name for the worthwhile stuff.

One born every minute....

Yes, Phil, you ARE easily fooled. It isn't about the snake oil or the sales
force's farce of literature, and the confusing products (five of them called "DeOxit").
It's about the products. I'm the guy with the milliohm data, and some
idea of which product I'm talking about. You're the one with the sneer.