Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Charging 12v battery from 12v cigar lighter socket?

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Batteries under charge vent a mix of H and O, the two mixed are very,
very explosive pair of gases. I would hope that any vents from those
internally installed batteries are safely piped out side. My caravan
has its battery under a seat in the lounge, but it is safely contained
in a cabinet sealed from the living space and only accessible plus
vented to the outside.

My old Beetle had its battery under the rear seat. No venting and
only minimal protection for the terminals.

Caravans used to have the battery in the drawbar locker, along
with the gas cylinders. Times have changed.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.