Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Just imagine... a BUILDING, made of WOOD!!

In article , says...

On 05/08/2017 1:24 PM, Steve wrote:

What is this building's marketing appeal?

?There?s sort of a sea change in demand for office space that came
about because of these new technology-driven companies, with young
leadership and a new set of values,? says Steve Cavanaugh, AIA,
principal with DLR Group, the architect of record for T3. ?One of
those values clearly is sustainability. And another seems to be a
desire for authenticity."

It's all about the new millennials it seems..."feeling good" is more
important than "making sense".

That said, I'm all about conservation of old timber, but to cover it up
as they've done in most of this pretty-much defeats the purpose imo.
The exterior is all in weathering steel which would be pretty much
mandatory for maintenance but there's no wood to be seen.

The video is just drawings, no actual footage of finished building so
can't really tell just how much visual impact there is, but _most_ of
what it shows is just conventional finishings albeit there may be some
ceiling beams and columns exposed. But, there surely is nothing in the
presentation material that gives you a "wow! factor just looking.

Personally, I'd much rather see the reclaimed wood be used where it
really has a much larger effect than it appears to there aesthetically.

There's a slideshow at
http://www.bizjournals.com/twincitie...ak-peek-hines-
finishes-wooden-t3-office.html#g1

I don't know where you're getting "reclaimed wood" though, there's no
suggestion I can find that anything about it is "reclaimed".