Posted to alt.home.repair
dusty dusty is offline

Default Need a new trailer floor

On 05/08/2017 01:48 AM, mike wrote:
I have a 4x8' tilt-bed trailer.
The floor is rotted out.
What should I use to replace it?
Has a metal rail down the center to
support the motorcycle, so that's not an issue.
I'd also like to be able to haul some barkdust
or river rock, etc.

It's stored outside in the rain, so I thought
I needed 3/4" marine plywood.
But it appears that ordinary outdoor CDX has the same
glue??? And both would need to be painted.

Local bigbox store has some pressure treated plywood.
I don't know how to describe it, but on edge it looks like
it's already delaminating. And I read that it's caustic
to the metal in the trailer.
Any experience/recommendations on whether to use that stuff?

What's the best bang for the buck in trailer flooring for outside
storage?

I used 3/4 plywood on mine then sprayed it with used motor oil (thinned
with diesel). Re-coat every year or so.