Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Using a Thermal Gun / Infrared Thermometer for electronics

On Monday, May 8, 2017 at 5:21:14 PM UTC-7, mike wrote:
On 5/8/2017 10:24 AM, wrote:
On 5/8/2017 11:36 AM, wrote in sci.electronics.repair:

One thing a lot of people don't realize is that these work great, but won't work on reflective surfaces.

But, for accurate temperature measurements on a running
system, I had to normalize the emissivity. Somebody suggested that
spraying the board with spray-on foot powder would work. It worked great.
But they forgot to tell me that you can't get the stuff off.
I didn't have any solvents that could remove it without harming
some components on the board.

There is a valid use for blackstrap molasses!
.... I'm sure the foot powder tastes better on pancakes, though.