Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Disc Brakes

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
NY wrote:
I'm intrigued that a lot of people have done large mileages without
needing new discs, because on all the cars that I have had, brake discs
tend to be needed roughly every three times that the pads need
changing. And that's with fairly gentle progressive braking (ie not
rushing up to lights at 60 and then slamming hard on at the last
moment).

Those who claim vast brake life must drive very slowly on quiet flat
roads.

Even sillier than you usually manage. I am regularly fined for exceeding
the speed limit, none of the garage salers but one can keep up with me and
most of the 45 years were on nothing even remotely like quiet flat roads.

I just let the car slow down by itself when coming up to an intersection
or wherever that needs to be taken slower than normal.