Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Something Different For a Change

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 12:32:29 PM UTC-7, Leon wrote:
Instead of creating I did some repair work on an old walnut table.

The old way of making pocket holes for attaching the apron to the walnut
top.
It appears a flat bottom hole was drilled at an angle from the bottom
up. Than a screw was inserted through the side of the hole.

That's a lovely detail (but a little frightening, overtightening a flathead
screw would split the grain). Kreg screws are better (if you
don't wnat to conserve the article for a museum). The tiny
scoops for screwdriver clearance look like knife-whittled work: I approve!

Speaking of splitting the grain, I hope the underside of that lovely
wood top is somewhat sealed.