Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default Disc Brakes

"Mobilohm ..." wrote in message
news
the garage I use now at full price failed me for indicators bulbs not
coloured enough so the replaced the bulbs and then passed it at no extra
charge...now there is a garage you can trust .....

Mine tends to pass the car on the assumption that the lights are working,
and then replaces any bulbs to make that happen - so as not to record a fail
and then a pass-after-rectification.

I usually check bulbs before taking the car to be tested, because I once had
a garage fail me and then charge a retest fee. I presume a garage makes a
bit of money on that, so it's good to find a garage which doesn't take
advantage. It's in their best interest because I never went back to the
garage that ripped me off so they lost all my future MOT and service custom.

I'm trying to remember the last time any of my cars failed an MOT (apart
from the technicality of a duff bulb from the rip-off garage) because all
other garages have not recorded a fail and then a pass even for things like
brake pads they've had to replace or headlamp alignment that needed
adjusting. When you find a garage that plays fair, you keep going back to
them.