Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default 18V or 20V for lithium powered tools?

In article , says...

I have 60 years of experience with lifetime warranties.
Don't remember ever being to get satisfaction on any of them.
It's the life of the company...

I once had a checking account that guaranteed 7.5% return
on checking balance for life.
One Friday, the bank closed.
Next Monday, a new bank appeared with the same employees.
They offered a smooth transition to the new bank with my
old account numbers. Everything was as before, except for
the interest on checking accounts.

Things like that hapen all the time. The company I worked for had good
benefits and pension. They sold to another company. Nothing chnaged at
the plant I worked at. It ran 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The pension
and benefits changed a lot, for the worse.

Some that had been there less than 5 years just got paid off for the
pension, which at that time was not very much.
Others had close to 30 years in with the company and found their pension
was going to be cut in about half.

I see things advertised on TV all the time with the life time warrenty.
I bet those companies are out of business in less than a year.

A friend was suspose to have a 'free' modem for his internet for life.
That lasted about 2 years and then was charged a monthly fee like most
everyone else.

I don't even think about a warrenty when I buy something, especially a
long one.