Posted to alt.home.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default 18V or 20V for lithium powered tools?

On 5/6/2017 5:25 PM, Bill wrote:
Frank wrote:
I have an HD Ridgid 18V drill with 2 batteries. Does all I need and
batteries are warranted for life.

But what does "for life" mean in this context?

I had that discussion today at HD with the tool guy.
He said, if it's no longer available they'll
"Probably" give you a new tool.
When I pressed him on "probably", he admitted that he
had no idea what the policy was...or would
by the time I needed it.

I have 60 years of experience with lifetime warranties.
Don't remember ever being to get satisfaction on any of them.
It's the life of the company...

I once had a checking account that guaranteed 7.5% return
on checking balance for life.
One Friday, the bank closed.
Next Monday, a new bank appeared with the same employees.
They offered a smooth transition to the new bank with my
old account numbers. Everything was as before, except for
the interest on checking accounts.