jim rozen

Default Water Well Drilling Accidents or near misses

In article , JMartin957 says...

No, don't blame the lawyers. They are only doing what they are paid to do.
Doesn't mean it's right, but that's their job. If they didn't push even the
groundless suits on behalf of their clients, they'd be sued by them.

Most of my post was discussing how the legal system (and the
lawyers, part of it) actually works pretty well, and protects
the companies by giving them insurance to cover their risks,
and a corporate veil so that whatever they do, the officers
of the corporations are never held personally liable for
whatever their company does.

I was being a bit ironic when I suggested that you could shoot
the lawyers and dismantle the existing system. The CEOs
would *not* want that because it is mostly to their benefit.
Again the irony is, they complain about the one aspect of the
existing system that causes them financial loss, and would lobby
to change that, while keeping the rest of it intact.

The companies being sued can *indeed* fire all their lawyers and
insurance companies, and operate without their protection.

They won't do that. :^)

So I think it's disingenuous for them to insist that the public
give up the same protections they enjoy. In short I agree with
you 100%.

Tort reform. Sure. I'll go for that - as soon as they
pierce the corporate veil and make execs personally liable
for malfeasence.

Jim

please reply to: