Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default how to determine volume of hidden vessel

On 05/06/2017 1:50 PM, rangerssuck wrote:

We didn't get nearly enough - not enough to re-start the system. ...

Well, I wasn't thinking that; just perhaps sanity-check on volume numbers...

This rink was built in 1980. I am familiar with much newer facilities
than this that run ammonia systems, though not under the ice. They
have heat exchangers and run chilled glycol or brine under the ice.

Indeed, yes, these are brine-circulation system--they date back to
'60s/70s...

That'd be a lot more economical on refrigerant if so...