Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Build my own power station

On 5/6/2017 12:11 PM, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , AnthonyL
wrote:

ok, a bit t-i-c but it'd be fun having my own steam generator
(modified boiler?), turbine and generator. I recall a viable jet
engine (intended for VTOL some 45yrs ago) that could be picked up by
one person so a turbine needn't be too big.

You can get small jet engines from, f'rinstance, these people:

http://www.wrenpowersystems.com/index.html

I've no idea whether anything like that would be suitable or not. They
didn't obviously have prices but they were IIRC not that expensive.

As I said elsewhere, a turbocharger turbine is somewhat comparable. But
they run at getting on for 100,000 rpm. Gearing is never going to be an
option, but perhaps something like the Dyson "digital" motors might be
adaptable.