Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default Just imagine... a BUILDING, made of WOOD!!

Why? Seven stories is pretty tall. Maybe not skyscraper material, but fairly tall for a building. Since the early 1900s builders have been making these buildings using welded or riveted together steel beams. I'm pretty sure they have gotten this figured out and know how to make the best building.. Why intentionally choose to use a method that is less strong, more costly, more time consuming. If a house builder said he hand nailed ever stud, joist, rafter, sheathing, siding and never ever used a pneumatic nailer, would you say that is good? I wouldn't. I think glue covered nails shot in with air makes a stronger, better, faster house in general. Or a blacksmith (if there are any left) using his muscles and a hammer to forge, pound a piece of metal instead of a pneumatic or hydraulic hammer, press. I'd bet the modern pneumatic, hydraulic press/hammer is better.