Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default is there a bigger piece of **** than an I-phone?

On 06/05/2017 15:44, pamela wrote:
On 08:12 6 May 2017, RJH wrote:

hTrying to phone my neighbour,. No reply. eventually phoned him
on te landline, and invited him for dinner.

"Why didn't you answer your I phone?"
"It didn't ring"

Sure enough, it doesn't ring.

Went through every single menu, discover hundreds of
combinations of 'I don't want this phone to ring' and turn them
all off.

It still doesn't ring.

two and half hours later I google "My ****ing i-phone won't
ring"

And discover that unlike *EVERY OTHER FUNCTION* on the
i-phone, there is a PHYSICAL SWITCH to turn the ringer off.
Nothing in any menu indicated it was turned off. Nor did it
come with any manual.

Given there's only a couple of physical buttons on the thing, it
wouldn't normally take too much in the way of deduction to
conclude what it does - and it gives a screen indication of
'mute' when it's toggled. Seems you and your friend missed that.

It's almost beyond belief that it took several hours to discover what
that switch did. I wonder if this is all a troll?

Yes, you're probably right. One of them, maybe, but 2 adults (assuming),
highly unlikely they couldn't find it.

--
Cheers, Rob