Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default is there a bigger piece of **** than an I-phone?

On 06/05/17 16:09, Andrew wrote:
On 06/05/2017 16:02, Capitol wrote:
Andrew wrote:
He does need to get emails on the go as well.

Why ?. No-one retired 'needs' such a facility.

I do when traveling. However the phone is not reliable for emails,
so I also carry a Linux netbook.

Yes, but this person is described as 'elderly', so travelling
usually means shuffling down to Asda and back.

Well in this case it doesn't. It involves being away from home working
for weeks or months at a time

I travelled the world between 1988 and 1990 and managed
without a mobile phone, email or indeed any means of
mobile communication. It's how it used to be. I defy
anyone to prove that they 'need' mobile communication
while on holiday.

My friend is not on holiday when he is away from home

I posted my Kodachrome films back to the Lab in
North London and they sent the slides back to a
relatives address. That was the only way they knew
I was still alive.

Did they actually care?

"Saki"