Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Can I use Pizeo Tweeters, or????

wrote:

--------------------

"** So that would include all the Phase Linears and of course Naims.

FYI: These amps lacked output Zobel inductors.

FYI-2: Later piezos included 33ohm series resistors or tiny lamps that helped. "

..

Then that would include my 400-2.

** Eeeeeeyeppp.....

However, I found a page a while back that said that coil there is
not correctly referred to as a Zobel. It's not a big deal.

** Which I did not.

I used a longer. more specific title.

"BTW: I have done 4 cycle tone burst tests on various piezos and lemme

tell ya the results are not pretty. "

Oh, I'll bet. The things are not known for real high fidelity,
to say the least. Anything peizo is non-linear and if you need
anything in audio, it is linear.

** Tone bursts reveal the "timer domain" behaviour of a speaker.

Good ones radiate the exact same number of cycles they are fed.

Poor one radiate an extra cycle, or two.

I found peizos were having a drunken party....

And I do like the 33 ohm series resistor idea.

** Yep - it's pure genius...

...... Phil