Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default is there a bigger piece of **** than an I-phone?

On 06/05/17 09:17, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , Rod Speed
escribió:

And there is no obvious indication of that on the screen.

Oh, that'll be why it pops up a "Ringer on/off" thing on the display
whenever I operate the switch, then. Even when it's in standby.

I have no idea whether an alert popped up when my elderly neighbour
nudged it presumably with his finger while ansering a call. .

I certainly did not notice that when I turned it back on.

My point being that there is no PERMANENT rather than volatile
indication of the state.Like te little moon thing that comes up when you
put it into lunatic mode.

If I try and drive my car with the handbrake on, it shows me that the
handbrake is on. I dont need to be looking at the dashboard just at the
instant I put the handbrake on. Curiously enough that is the one time
when I KNOW I just put the handbrake on, and don't need reminding

In fact you have totally proved my point. Having an alert to tell you
you have just done something that you know you have just done, because
you just did it, is the most useless and superfluous piece of crap
programming yet.

Unless the whole point is to bedazzle the user with the cleverness and
complexity of the product by disguising the ****tiness of the underlying
hardware and software.

In your case its obvipously worked.

Josef Stalin