Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default is there a bigger piece of **** than an I-phone?

On 06/05/17 08:10, Hankat wrote:

news
On 06/05/17 02:57, Bill Wright wrote:
On 06/05/2017 00:31, Clive George wrote:
On 06/05/2017 00:06, wrote:
On Friday, 5 May 2017 23:16:27 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
hTrying to phone my neighbour,. No reply. eventually phoned him on te
landline, and invited him for dinner.

"Why didn't you answer your I phone?"
"It didn't ring"

Sure enough, it doesn't ring.

Went through every single menu, discover hundreds of combinations
of 'I
don't want this phone to ring' and turn them all off.

It still doesn't ring.

two and half hours later I google "My ****ing i-phone won't ring"

And you have now learned that you should have done that two hours
and 25
minutes earlier.

The switch on the side to mute the phone is one of its best features.
Extremely user-friendly. Of course I read the manual when I first used
the phone, which is only sensible. There's a very good user guide on the
phone as well.

No there isn't any manual
On or off the phone.

Wrong, as always.
http://help.apple.com/iphone/10/

That's no help unless you have an internet connected computer already

Or your iphone is working well enough to connect to the internet already.

Since there was no manual with the phone that told you how to even
insert the SIM card, which is totally non obvious, you are to use the
vernacular, totally ****ed before you even start.

Its almost as hilarious as the phone we bought for the geriatric FIL
with Big Buttons and Big Text so he could use it more easily.

He said 'I cant read the instruction manual: the print is too small!'

And it was, about 7 pt.

The more I learn about smart phones, the less I want one.

--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.