kerm

Default Replacement for Sangamo clock

The Sangamo clock/boiler switch on my central heating boiler has
failed - intermittently at first, but now seems to have stopped
permanently. I replaced this clock about 10 years ago and had trouble
then finding a the same model, but eventually tracked one down - it
wasn't cheap!. It is round bodied (3.5 inches diameter) with a
transparent dome at the front fitting onto a round bakelite case.

There are 4 wires leading to the connectors at the bottom of the clock,
marked on the controller as 'clock motor' (red & black) and 'clock
switch' (both purple).

If, as I suspect, I cannot find the same clock again would it be
straightforward using a different clock? The Sangamo clock has a manual
on/off switch for the boiler (which I need) and a 'day' dial, presumably
to have the boiler on or off at set week days only (which I don't need).

The boiler, a Glo-Worm Sunrod G50 (37 years old and still going strong!)
has a custom metal bracket with three holes to match the clock body, so
I suppose I'd have to adapt this, but if I tried another clock would
there be other problems/pitfalls?

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

John