Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Want to measure current draw on three phase power panel

On 5/5/2017 9:57 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
Contractor wants to monitor commercial tenant's current load throughout
the day for a month or two to see max load, and thus see how much of the
1000 amp panel capacity is left for a future second tenant.

I see several Fluke meters that costs a fortune, such as:

http://www.fluke.com/fluke/inen/powe....htm?PID=77038

Any other suggestions?

Power company for one. If they are running equipment like an air
compressor, the suppliers will do it for you. There are outfits that do
energy audits that will do it and also find ways to reduce load.

How big an outfit is this? 1000 A at 460V will run a lot of equipment.
We have 600A and run 14 molding machines, 1 150hp compressor, 1 75hp
compressor, 2 boilers, assorted pumps, cooling towers, lighting and more.

I've had 1 week monitoring and never paid anyone anything.