Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Filler, caulking advice needed.

I've used MH Ready Patch for this kind of work for about 20 years now... I
get it at a local independent home center but I've seen it at HD and Lowe's.

For example
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Zinsser-1...4424/100398387

It also comes in gallons but I've never needed that much!

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message

Finished dadoing and carving my rails on the table saw. 4 ea. 12 foot long
2x6's. Unfortunately I had to use framing lumber. This is going to be
indoor paint grade railing. Need to fill dents, nicks and saw marks.
Considering Bondo or simply painters caulk applied with a broad knife prior
to sanding. Even thinking of joint compound.
Any suggestions greatly appreciated.