Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] James Wilkinson Sword[_4_] is offline

Default General election

On Tue, 02 May 2017 21:19:41 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 01 May 2017 21:59:46 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 19:55:42 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 02:58:49 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 23/04/17 21:47, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Bod writes:
From what I've read and heard, most Labour voters ARE like sheep.
hear it all of the time "I vote labour because all my family have
always
voted for Labour".

I think there's been a lot of truth in that, but a lot of people
who had always voted Labour for decades have abandoned the party
in last couple of years for two different reasons, Brexit, and the
party's recent move towards the far left (popular with Labour
members, but less so with the bulk of voters they need to attract).

Both Conservative and Labour voters were split on Brexit - it
wasn't a hard left/right issue. Now the Conservatives have come
out heavily for Brexit, they've pulled in lots of Labour Brexiters,
and I think they'll pull in all 5M UKIP voters (UKIP will be dead
in 8 weeks). Conservatives will lose some Remainers to Lib/Dems, but
that will be small compared with their gains from Labour and UKIP.

I think the most significant thing historically will be the number
of traditional left wing voters who've moved well to the right just
to ensure Brexit goes through. They'll probably move back a few
years after Brexit, but for now, they regard Brexit as more
important
than left/right politics.

Labour hasn't been a party of the working class - the white working
class for two decades or more. Not since Thatcher really.
Its the party of the nouveau rich middle class, you know 'me grandad
were a milkman but I am a sound engineer at the beeb, and own me own
house' sort.

Working class are way right of Labour.

You mean way left.

Nope, **** all of the working class is into the
sort of Trotskyite **** that Corbyn and co are.

That's why so many of them kept putting Maggie in.

Every working class person I know does not vote Tory (right wing).

Then you need to get out more.

Why would a poor person not want handouts?

Even the Torys do handouts.

They continually reduce them as much as they can get away with.

And working class
people arent necessarily poor people anyway.

That's what it means.

Adam certainly isnt.

Then he isn't working class.

They want handouts.

Corse you never ever do that yourself, eh ?

I take whatever's available, I'm a scrounger at heart.

And yet you don't vote Labour.

Because I don't want any money I earn to go to someone else.

--
I thought the wife would be the ideal candidate for a new TV show.
Turns out I got it all wrong and the program's called Fact Hunt.